Monitoring assets and gathering data
Portable Data Collectors (PDCs) are an important part of the TeraHop solution for detecting presence and status of your mission critical assets and people.
Each PDC is a self-contained, battery-operated device that acts as a local sensor and wireless network router. Attach PDCs to assets and people you want to monitor and track.
In addition to communicating directly with Gateway Routers, each PDC listens to and repeats messages from other PDCs. This "hopping" ability greatly expands the range of the system and reduces the number of Gateways needed to cover a given site.
- Confirm location of your assets to enhance decision making
- Reduce unnecessary maintenance of vehicles and auxiliary equipment
- Track compliance with policies and regulations for idle time, speed, or emissions
- Track employee attendance
- Track fuel pumped to which vehicle/equipment
- Confirm intact and timely shipments, verify time and location of damage claims
- Verify proper use of vehicles or other equipment, see routes and stops
- Compare performance of equipment, vehicles, and personnel
- Use run time and location for accurate job costing
- Identify and optimize underutilized assets
- Monitor temperature to ensure quality of shipments
RFID Portal Reader PDC710
RFID Handheld Reader PDC700
PDC400 Technical Specifications
PDC301 Technical Specifications
PDC300 Technical Specifications