TeraHop Product Overview
Increase profits by getting more out of your assets
TeraHop offers the most powerful, plug-and-play portable asset monitoring system for delivering timely and accurate data about your assets. Even in remote locations and severe conditions. You can locate, track and monitor valuable equipment, containers, inventory, and people automatically, wirelessly, and cost-effectively.
Automatic, hands-free, wireless asset monitoring will help you:
- Eliminate data collection and input mistakes
- Increase productivity
- Stop cost overruns before they happen
- Optimize equipment utilization
- Boost customer service and loyalty
- Decrease fuel and labor costs
- Lower your asset cost of ownership
How it works
TeraHop's solution is made up of wireless sensor networks that are comprised of Portable Data Collectors (PDCs) and Gateway Routers (GRs).
- PDCs are self-contained, battery-operated devices that are attached to assets that are to be monitored. A PDC acts as a local sensor and wireless network router. Not only does it communicate directly with a Gateway, but it can also listen to and repeat messages from other PDCs - which greatly increases the range of the system.
- Gateway Routers collect data from PDCs. A GR is small and rugged, and can be taken onsite in any vehicle, or permanently affixed to a site structure. It collects all data accumulated by PDCs, then transmits the data to a secure central database via a wireless or wired connection. The TeraHop Server can share site-wide data to popular software applications, providing visibility to any connected device, on or off site.